The Gaylord Opryland Resort is hands down the best hotel in Nashville for families.
This hotel gets my vote for the following reasons: uniqueness, convenience, ambiance, and things to do.
That said, there are a number of things that you will need to know before your stay as well as a few tips to make your hotel stay at the Gaylord Opryland Resort even better.
First, discover why I LOVE the Opryland Resort in Nashville.
Reasons why I LOVE the Opryland Resort for Families
Nashville has a wide array of hotels to choose from and many are fantastic family friendly options.
One aspect that really sets the Gaylord Opryland Resort apart from others is that it is truly unique. There really is nothing else like it!
It has three main atriums to walk through and experience. Each atrium is different and special in its own way.
The three atriums include the Cascades, Garden Conservatory, and Delta Island.
There are so many gorgeous bridges, walkways, and paths throughout each of these open air atriums.
I adore each of these atriums for different reasons, but my favorite is Delta Island.
Delta Island has a waterway that runs through it where you can actually take a 14 minute riverboat tour.
Additionally, Delta Island has a few quick service restaurants in what feels like a small town with old world charm.
It really feels magical being in this atrium.
Once you arrive at the Gaylord Opryland Resort, you do not need to leave for anything if you don’t want to.
Your family can easily be entertained at this resort for a couple of days.
There are a variety of restaurants including both quick and full service so you do not even need to leave the resort to eat.
Even more, if a child wakes up early and everyone else is still sleeping, you can easily go on a walk with that child throughout the hotel and keep them busy.
I LOVE this about this resort. Usually if someone wakes up early at a hotel, I don’t know what to do with them, but here, it is so easy to go for a walk and keep them entertained.
This resort has the absolute best environment.
The greenery and flowers are so gorgeous.
Even more, there are so many stunning waterfalls as well as water features throughout the resort.
The sounds of these water features are so relaxing.
Additionally, all of the natural light coming through the domes and roofs is really nice as well!
Plus, Delta Island makes you have the feeling that you are outside which is super cool. It also has a really neat fountain with hourly fountain shows in the evening.
The ambiance in this hotel is simply remarkable!
Tons of Things To Do
One of the reasons why the Gaylord Opryland Resort is the best hotel in Nashville for families is that it has so many things to do.
For one, you can simply enjoy walking around the 9 acres at the resort. There are so many paths to walk on and bridges to explore. This is entertaining in itself!
Another thing to do at the resort is swimming. The resort has its own swimming pools. There are both indoor and outdoor pools as well as a spa.
Note: The pools are NOT heated.
Even more, you have the option of adding on the Soundwaves package to your hotel stay. With this package you can enjoy this upscale indoor/outdoor water attraction.
Note: You have to add on the Soundwaves package to your stay in order to enter this waterpark. If you do not want to add it on, you can enjoy the resort’s regular pools.
As mentioned above, there are also numerous options to eat and drink in the Gaylord Opryland Resort. They have Auntie Anne’s and Starbucks as well as a few other choices for coffee plus two ice cream shops.
It is alway fun to get an ice cream or a cup of coffee!
There is also an arcade in the resort.
Browsing and shopping in all the shops is another fun thing to do.
Even more, families can also take a tour on the Delta Riverboat or Flatboat down the river inside of the Delta atrium. Check the website for pricing.
In the evening at 7, 8, and 9pm, families can also enjoy a fountain and light show inside of the Delta atrium.
There is also a fun augmented reality endangered species scavenger hunt. The kids had so much fun with this, and it is absolutely free! All you need is a smart phone and to download the app.
Additionally, there are special events and experiences that occur throughout the year depending on the season.
The Gaylord Opryland Resort really has so much to do for everyone and unique activities throughout the year too!
Opryland Resort Must Know Information
Below are some things that are important to be aware of ahead of time so you will not be surprised when you stay at this resort.
- Self parking is $33 plus tax and valet parking is $45 plus tax. I recommend paying extra for valet and using bell service for your luggage.
- Luggage carts are not available unless you use bell service. I highly suggest doing bell service for your luggage. It will save you a ton of hassle.
- The pools are not heated, and it is a hike to the pools so make sure you bring everything you need. Towels are provided at the pool.
- Food and drink purchased inside of the resort is expensive, but you are paying for the convenience and the ambiance.
- Rooms are on the smaller side but very nice. They have a mini refrigerator and an extra sink outside of the bathroom.
- It can be a little bit difficult navigating around the hotel. If you do bell service, then the bellhop can lead you right to your room.
Top Tips for Staying at the Gaylord Opryland Resort
The Gaylord Opryland Resort is without a doubt the best hotel in Nashville for families, and below are some tips to make your stay even better!
- Splurge and pay for valet parking otherwise you may have to park far away in the self parking lot.
- Use a bellhop to get your luggage to and from your car and room. You will especially want to do this if you have kids with you and lots of stuff. This will also help you find your room as it can be super difficult to find your room for the first time. Also, luggage carts are only for bellhop use.
- This is a fabulous hotel to walk around and spend time with your family. If you have a stroller, you can get around but there are lots of steps in different places that would make using a stroller a bit difficult. We did not use our stroller at all with our 18 month old. He loved walking around, and we picked him up sometimes too. Maybe consider using a baby carrier with a smaller baby.
- Take your time walking around the hotel and soak it all in. The atriums are absolutely stunning and there is so much to see and experience.
- Enjoy all the photo ops in all of the atriums. There are gorgeous waterfalls, gazebos, bridges, fountains, and lush greenery that make the best backdrop for family photos.
- Do the augmented reality animal scavenger hunt. It is free and will entertain the kids. Additionally, it is super cool!
- Don’t miss the evening fountain show on Delta Island. The fountain show is at 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm.
- Save some money by bringing your own 12 pack of water. That way when you are having ice cream or a snack, you don’t need to purchase an expensive bottles of water.
Best Hotel in Nashville for Families
We really do LOVE the Gaylord Opryland Resort.
Normally, with our family of six, we stay at hotels that have spacious suites but sometimes it is worth it to splurge and stay at a special place like this resort.
On our last stay, we didn’t even leave the resort once. We simply enjoyed everything the Gaylord Opryland Resort has to offer.
I hope you will also have the opportunity to experience this amazing hotel.
There are a few things that are not 100% ideal about it such as the non-heated pools, small rooms, and higher price tag on food and drink, but we think that the ambiance and uniqueness of this resort more than makes up for these other things.
SAVE and PIN this post to look back on before your stay at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. SHARE it with family and friends who want to visit too!
May you love your adventure! KW